Craft Market Checklist
In preparation for the summer craft markets, tutor Anna Campbell provides a comprehensive checklist to help you prepare for bumper sales!
Make sure you know everything you need to know before the day
- What time can you arrive from?
- Can you park nearby? Nearest station, cost etc
- What is provided and what do you need to bring?
It’s a good idea to have a variety of stock – different types of jewellery and price points. Ensure your stock is labelled with the price, many customers don’t like to ask the price and feel like you may be charging them more than others if you don’t display your pricing.
- Price labels
- Business cards/flyers
- Signage e.g. a sign with your business name and social media handles
- Wheely suitcase (I travelled to markets by train so had to be able to fit everything in a suitcase!)
- Display items
- Table cloth
- Clear plastic sheeting (useful if you’re outside and it starts to rain!)
- Market stall clips (excellent for clipping your table cloth etc to the table)
(we will have a blog post coming up on ideas for displaying your jewellery so keep an eye out for that!)
- Secure change wallet
- Change (go for round number prices as it makes giving change much easier!)
- Card payment machine e.g. izettle
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Layers of clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Cardboard to stand on (if it’s a cold day and you’re outside it provides insulation!)
- Flask of tea or coffee
- Helper who can take over when you need to toilet!
What have we missed? Do you have any advice for people selling at craft markets for the first time? Let us know in the comments below.