Design jewellery for the high street with the F. Hinds competition
Here is a great opportunity to get your jewellery ideas out to a mass audience.
The competition is open to all with five categories: current designers, students plus jewellery lovers in three categories – under twelve, twelve to eighteen or over eighteen.
The five winners will work with Hinds to develop their pieces for commercial sale (with potential for commission) and have their work showcased at IJL 2015.
The full prize is:
- 150 fully created pieces of each winning design produced by F.Hinds using a well known and respected manufacturer
- F.Hinds will provide numbered, limited edition certificates for all pieces as well as attractive, presentation box for every piece
- The winning items will be distributed for sale in all F.Hinds’ stores and photographed and sold online from May/June 2015
- Winners will receive a guaranteed commission on sales after the first 150 have been sold (subject to production costs)
- Winners will retain an option to design a complete collection to be sold exclusively by F.Hinds, with commission alongside the original piece, subject to suitability after further discussion
- Winners will be showcased at IJL 2015 free of charge
The judging panel will be made up of Andrew Hinds – Director and Gold Buyer; Sarah Jordan – Award Winning Jewellery Designer; Jewellery Manufacturer Bob Morrish – R. E.. Morrish; an IJL representative and a consumer representative
The deadlines for designs to be submitted is 31 march 2015 and you can find all the details on how to enter here, as well as tips on researching the types of jewellery to consider and the materials to use.
So go on, get designing, it is worth submitting a design – it may be your time to get noticed.