Free online course – make a stone set ring
Did you know that as well as our classes in London we also have online courses you can enrol on? Jewellery School Online is perfect for those who can’t get to our courses in London or those who want a refresher of techniques that they can learn from home. Our online courses feature videos you can watch as many times as you’d like as well as notes you can download and use alongside your practice. Check out all the online courses we have available.
Perfect for beginners and those new to stone setting – you will be guided through how to prepare a ring blank and pre-made bezel cup setting, solder them together and set a stone of your choice. All of this can be done with a few tools and materials from your kitchen table
If you are new to stone setting this is a great project which is quick, simple and extremely rewarding. You will make some beautiful finished pieces whilst learning the basics of stone setting. If you would like to learn more advanced techniques such as how to create your own settings from scratch sign up for our course ‘Stone Setting in Silver‘ or to learn to make your own silver rings and pendants see The Silver Jewellery Workshop
What techniques are covered?
- How to prepare your ring blank for soldering
- Soldering a sterling silver bezel cup to a ring
- Pickle and polishing
- Stone setting techniques for cabochon stones
- Finishing your ring
& much more
Enrol now for free and start learning today!
For those that are itching to learn more, we also have a pre-sale offer of 50% off our next online course that will be released on 2nd December 2017 – stone setting in silver. Here tutor Rebecca Steiner takes you through the three stone setting techniques that we cover in our 2-day class at the London Jewellery School – tube setting, cabochon and flush or gypsy setting.
What will you get with this course?
- Lifetime access to 6 comprehensive video lessons, guiding you through all the techniques, tips and tricks to perfecting your stone setting
- Downloadable course notes to work alongside the videos
- Access to our supportive community of jewellers and tutors to help you at every stage of the process
- Access to the videos 24/7 – you can stop, pause, rewind and replay as much as you like
- Excellent close-up shots to see what is happening in each step so you don’t miss a thing
The course will be £99 when it is released but sign up before 2nd December 2017 and you can take advantage of the pre-sale price of 50% off – just £49.50!