Introducing our revamped Advanced Jewellery Diploma
We are often asked about training options for intermediate/advanced learners and so have worked hard to revamp our Advanced Jewellery Diploma to make it even better!
Run 5 days a week over 3 weeks it's an intensive course designed to help you develop your practical skills for advanced level making and working with customers.
Covering bench skills, wax carving, stone setting, jewellery repairs, working to commission and more.
The benefits of the Advanced Diploma
- intensive learning where you can build on your current skills
- courses and projects designed to help you learn new skills
- small group of no more than 8 people
- no need to share your main tools
- work with professional tutors who have their own jewellery businesses
- supported workbench days where you can get one to one help with your own projects
- run in Hatton Garden, London's jewellery quarter
- you will also get annual membership of Jewellers Academy worth £365
We run this course just once a year and the next course with available spaces starts on Monday 26th August 2019 >
Day 1: Fold Forming
Day 2: Professional Practices: Refining your Bench Skills (Advanced)
Day 3: Wax Carving a Solitaire Ring
Day 4: Collet Setting: Square Shaped
Day 5: Supported Workbench Day
Day 6: Claw Setting: Double Gallery
Day 7: Using Cast Settings: Create a Multi-Set Ring
Day 8: Advanced Wax Carving: Create a 3D Swing Locket (Part 1)
Day 9: Advanced Wax Carving: Create a 3D Swing Locket (Part 2)
Day 10: Supported Workbench Day
Day 11: Granulation and Fusing in Silver
Day 12: Working to Commission and Jewellery Repairs
Day 13: Rendering: Drawing for Clients (Colour)
Day 14: Supported Workbench Day
Day 15: Marking day
Meet Sally Costen aka the Clerkenwell Jeweller. Sally is an alumni of the Advanced Jewellery Diploma and this year won a Bronze and a Silver Award at the Craft and Design Council in 2019. You can see her Paisley pendant above.
We can't wait to see what this years group make!
If you want to know more or would like one of our careers consultations then do get in touch!