We are looking for another member of the LJS team. If you want to be part of a small but crucial team dedicated to ensuring every student benefits from the great experience of LJS workshops, read on.
London Jewellery School are looking for a Membership and Weekend Manager with IMMEDIATE START – £22,000 pro rata plus training budget (4 Days per week)
The London Jewellery School is looking for a passionate and ambitious individual to join its small but expanding staff team as theMembership and Weekend Manager. This role is crucial to the organisation as it involves being responsible for the whole operation over the weekends as well as being in charge of developing the membership scheme, completing administrative tasks and basic finance support for the school.
The position is four days a week from Thursday to Sunday 9am-6pm
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and well organized with strong administration skills. Jewellery making skills are not a requirement of this role.
Job Description – Membership and Weekend Manager London Jewellery School
Job Title: Membership and Weekend Manger
Working hours: Thursday- Sunday 9am-6pm
Salary: £22,000 pro rata (plus £2,000 training budget spend on LJS classes)
Location: London Jewellery School, 213 Hatton Square Business Centre, 16-16a Baldwins Gardens, London EC1N 7RJ
Line Manager: Jessica Rose, Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
Managing the studio each weekend including:
– Opening up and preparing for classes
– Welcoming students as they arrive and providing excellent customer service to ensure they have an enjoyable experience throughout the course.
– Supporting tutors with locating materials, printing class notes and administrative tasks
– General tidying up and cleaning of the studio including hovering, taking bins out, maintaining a clean refreshments area, cleaning cups in the dishwasher and general studio tidiness.
– Occasionally dealing with tutor sickness or absence offering alternatives to students.
– Liaising with the LJS General Manager over the weekends activities and passing on information needed for the week
– Taking pictures of students work for our online galleries and social media
– Handling all membership related enquiries
– Updating the membership database and website listings
– Promoting the membership scheme and attracting new members
– Liaising with other members of staff and the Director on ideas for the development of the membership scheme
Administration/ Customer service:
– Handling email, telephone and in-person enquires and bookings over the weekends.
– Updating the LJS social networking sites over the weekend including facebook and twitter.
– General administrative tasks including preparing the post, membership packs, distance learning courses and gift vouchers. Proof reading, editing images and general support around the office
– And completing the weekly income and expenditure spreadsheets for the school.
Previous relevant experience is not as important as motivation and a willingness to learn. However all candidates must have the following skills:
– Fluent computer skills including; emails, Microsoft office, using the Internet, and using Mac computers.
– Excellent customer service skills
– Hard working and able to work from your own initiative
– Able to work well as part of a small and collaborative team
On the job training will be provided for all other areas of work.
If you think you have the skills and passion to work for the London Jewellery School at this exciting time of growth, please send a cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role and CV to Jessica@londonjewelleryschool.co.uk as soon as possible. We are looking for candidates that can start imminently. If your application is accepted we will in be in touch to arrange an interview.