- Six days training with professional tutors
- Founders Q&A with award-winning entrepreneur Jessica Rose - ask questions about your jewellery business
- 3 months membership of Jewellers Academy
- A comprehensive Business Bootcamp folder packed full of notes from each day of the class for you to add to through the course
- Reading/ resource list
- Review of your business plan after the Bootcamp (subject to submitting it in on time)
- 45 minute one to one supportive coaching session with our General Manager Mireille to discuss your personal vision, sales targets and strategic business goals. Mireille has over 15 year’s Sales/Account Management experience working in New Business Development & consultancy. (working with FTSE 100 companies/luxury 4&5 star Hotels/luxury events & venues) and experience with large installations and Project Management, targeted retail/customer service and tailored bespoke design. This can be done in person or over the phone and is in addition to the 6 days of teaching
- Please note that no practical jewellery making techniques are covered in this course
Jewellery Business Bootcamp
10am - 5pm
If you are serious about running or growing a jewellery business as a full-time enterprise then this intensive 6-day Bootcamp is for you. And this year we have some extra special bonuses for students on the course.
Our team of experts will take you through all the key areas you need to work on to develop a successful business model including:
• Developing and defining a clear vision for your business
• Identifying what makes you unique from other jewellery businesses
• Working out a clear action plan and strategy for going forward
• Identifying how to launch a new business or grow an existing business into a more profitable model.
• Pricing and selling your jewellery
• Marketing, websites, SEO and social media
• Jewellery industry knowledge, the essentials of what you need to know
• Finance for your business including how to create financial models, budgeting, forecasting and understanding the numbers
• What to do about copyright, intellectual property and trademarks
• Exhibiting your work and creating a show-stopping display
• Pitching your business idea
• Feedback from expert jewellers who are or have run their own successful jewellery business and much more
Day 1 - Introduction to running a jewellery business and defining your goals
This day will challenge you to look at what you want to achieve with your business, where you see it going in the future and what you personally would like to get out of it. After covering the basics of setting up and running a small business, through discussions, exercises and tutor guidance you will create a clear vision and mission for your business and think about tracing out a three-year plan of your aims. You will learn some key business terminology, set achievable goals for yourself and take the first steps in making a plan for the future of your business.
Day 2 - Pricing, Sales and Marketing
Getting your marketing and pricing right is crucial and something that many jewellers struggle with. This day will look at who your customers are, creating a brand for your business that relates to them and how to market your work so that you reach the right audience and ultimately sell. You will also look at different options for pricing your jewellery, and how to set prices that work for both you and your customer. The focus will be on offline marketing and branding as the online topics are covered in day three. Other areas covered include PR, writing press releases, setting targets for your marketing and tracking your progress to see what is working and what isn’t. So it's pretty intense!
Day 3 - Selling online
Almost all businesses these days will do some form of online selling either literally or using a website and online presence to sell your brand and promote yourself. Social media expert Anna Campbell will take you through the key things you need to know for creating an online presence including websites, online shops, using third part websites, facebook, twitter, pinterest blogs and much more. By the end of the day you should have a clear strategy for moving forward selling online.
Day 4 - About the jewellery industry, IP and exhibiting your work
You need to be knowledgeable about any industry you are entering into and the jewellery industry can be quite alien and complex for those that are new to it. This day will focus on arming you with the key bits of information to need to know and signposting you to finding out more. We will also look at issues around copyright, protecting your designs and trademarks for both your work and your business as a whole. Finally, as a jeweller or in running a jewellery business you need to be able to create show-stopping displays of your work. In this part of the course, you will look at how to plan out your displays and create something that shows your work off in the best light.
Day 5 - Finance for your jewellery business
Details: Jewellers and 'creative types' tend to shy away from the numbers but in order to run a thriving business you need to understand them and make them work for you, this day is designed to do just that. After covering the basic information you need to know as a business owner and your legal obligations we will look at how to understand a basic set of accounts and creating a budget and cash flow forecast for your business to understand what you will need to spend and when and make sure that you have a business model and pricing strategy that will create a sustainable business. It may not be easy - but it will be worth it!
Day 6 - Putting it all into action
The sixth and final day will focus on pulling together everything you have learnt and covered over the past 5 days and go on to look at business modelling and how to create a business plan that is meaningful and useful to you. You will have the chance to practice basic business pitching skills and gain feedback from your expert tutor and the rest of the group as well as discussing how to secure external funding, ensuring your model is profitable and how to be entrepreneurial in your approach to running a jewellery business.
What is included:
Previous experience/ knowledge:
This course is open to anyone and no previous jewellery making or business experience is necessary however many students may have completed the 1-day jewellery business course at LJS or the distance learning courses, both of which offer a good background to the content that will be covered. This course is also open to those that are completely new to business and haven’t set up yet as well as those who may have been running a jewellery business for some time but want to develop and grow.
What you need to bring to this class:
For this class you don't need to bring anything but yourself as everything is provided.
As with all of our classes, all materials are included in the cost of the class as well as plenty of tea, coffee and luxury biscuits! The classes are all run by expert tutors with years of professional experience who are friendly, knowledgeable and approachable. The size of the classes is kept small to allow plenty of one-on-one attention and the maximum number of students for this class is 8.
We take an hour break for lunch and there are plenty of local shops to get food from, or you can always bring a packed lunch to eat in the studio. If you have any questions regarding this or other courses please don't hesitate to get in touch.